   Re: [xml-dev] version numbers and infosets

>> Why not try that minimal solution first, and see if it works?
>>
>> (And why not do it as a corrigendum rather than 1.1)

> I keep telling you why.  Because it changes the definition of well-formedness.
> A document like "<foo<NEL>bar=baz> is not WF XML 1.0, but it is WF XML 1.1.

why not mandate that such a file has an encoding declaration with a
suitable encoding, then you wouldn't even a corrigendum.

The example of cross mounting  the file via an NFS that isn't doing line
ending mappings seems pretty week. If you are in such a situation the
file won't be line based on one side of the nfs mount or the other,
whatever you do in 1.1.

David