   RE: DNS based URIs that don't imply access method

[again, this is Clark speaking, just forwarding this because he can't post]

----- Forwarded message from "Clark C . Evans" <cce@clarkevans.com> -----
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:42:18 -0400
From: "Clark C . Evans" <cce@clarkevans.com>
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: R

Bill Fenner over on the IETF list pointed me to the "tag" URI scheme
and URN namespace as proposed by Tim Kindberg and Sandro Kawke.  This
seems to be what I was looking for.  Thank you all.

Examples of this URI scheme:

         tag:hpl.hp.com,2001:tst.1234567890
         tag:hp.com,2000-12-30:tst.1234567890
         tag:exploratorium.edu,2001-06:pi.99
         tag:fred@flintstone.biz,2001-07-02:rock.123
         tag:sandro@w3.org,2001:Sandro
         tag:myIDs.com,2001-09:TimKindberg/doc.101

More Information:

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kindberg-tag-uri-02.txt
  http://www.taguri.org/
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2002May/0010.html

Thank you all *so* much,

Clark
Yo! Check out YAML (http://yaml.org)
Object Serialization for the Masses
For you XMLers, http://yaml.org/xml.html

--
Clark C. Evans                   Axista, Inc.
http://www.axista.com            800.926.5525

----- End forwarded message -----