   Re: RE: [xml-dev] HTTP is

7/29/2002 2:06:31 PM, jborden@attbi.com wrote:

>In any case suppose we agree with TimBL i.e.
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/HTTP-URI.html ... it seems to push the
rathole onto what a fragment identifier identifies ... sigh. The more so-
called solutions to these issues I've seen, the more questions are
raised.

Speaking of ratholes, doesn't TimBL's position imply that namespace names
should URI *references* -- the URI itself would point to a document, and
some #fragment thingie would refer to the abstract namespace that the
document discusses?

Forgive me if I misinterpret this ... anyway, that piece by TimBL seems
like required reading for anyone who cares about this issue.  I for one I
do find notion that URIs refer to nice concrete bundles of bits on the
Internet rather comforting!