   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question)

John Cowan wrote:

> It means that, under the Namespaces Rec, the following pair is equivalent:
>
>         <foo xmlns="urn:baz:32" bar="47"/>
>         <baz:foo xmlns:baz="urn:baz:32" bar="47"/>
>
> but the following pair is not:
>
>         <foo xmlns="urn:baz;32" bar="47"/>
>         <baz:foo xmlns:baz="urn:baz:32" baz:bar="47"/>

Yes, I understand that 'under the Namespaces Rec' that is what it means. My
question, or musing, was what within the scope of element foo or baz:foo (as
presumably demonstrable in the semantics elaborated from some processing of that
element) is the difference in the weight of bar as modifier of foo. Simon's
suggestion may in fact present the only practically discernible reality--that is,
the reality of the semantics elaborated in some processing of foo. I don't know;
I'm merely wondering, but I'm finding it difficult to image a difference
demonstrable in the outcome of processing.

Respectfully,

Walter Perry