   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question)

"Hodder, Ed" wrote:

> Maybe not in the context of that element within that instance. But what if
> that element is compared with other elements from various namespaces. If the
> attribute exists in no namespace it could be considered to be a universal
> attribute. The attribute is common across several (or all?) namespaces.

Quite possibly. But I am dealing quite explicitly with the instance, and asking
whether in a given instance for a given attribute we can demonstrate generally
different outcomes in the semantics elaborated by process if treating an
attribute as in no namespace rather than as, in that instance, effectively in
the namespace of its element.

Respectfully,

Walter Perry