   RE: [xml-dev] Borland C++ and Expat - performance hit.

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Borland C++ and Expat - performance hit.
  • From: "Stephen Graham" <sg3@bigpond.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:40:27 +1000
  • Cc: "zhengyu" <zhengyu@attbi.com>

I'm judging the performance subjectively - I haven't compiled any data on
it. I am just going by how long it takes for my application to load a fixed
format XML file.

I have used SAX with Java and have been very pleased with the performance.
It's almost as good if not equal to the equivalent code in C/C++.

As you've probably learned from you Java tests it is quite easy to use SAX.
It's just as easy in C++ so I suggest you give it a go, that way you'll be
able measure the performance in a way suitable for your project.

In addition I suggest that your decision on whether to use C or Java should
not be based on the minor performance differences between XML parsing with
SAX in Java or C.

Best of luck.

Regards
Stephen.