   RE: [xml-dev] Editing XML in web browser using XSL and DHTML

  • To: Šoltís Ján <jan.soltis@softec.sk>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Editing XML in web browser using XSL and DHTML
  • From: "Andrew Welch" <awelch@piper-group.com>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:37:56 +0100
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

Check out Microsoft's 'Data Islands' for probably the easiest (and most
basic) way to edit xml using html - from within an mshta to accomodate
the security issues.  There is no need to transform anything, as the xml
is linked directly to the html.  Definitely not the greatest solution,
but it might be what you are after.

As for xml/xslt editors, I use Xselerator (www.topxml.com).  If you
haven't used it yet then its a must.

cheers