   The BBQ Proposition was Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete

<random>

there are some topics which cannot be discussed in the form of a sequential
chain of email messages, the URI | XML namespace issue resists
characterisation and debate vigorously and I am convinced that its got more
then enough gas in the tank to go a few thousand more emails. Orgs,
Conventions and conferences, have far too many lay lines and are too much of
a bully pulpit environment to promote resolution of these prickly matters.

I propose a large simultaneous BBQ, one held in London and one somewhere in
the states. Each continent hashes out their top fix/proposals to this and
related issues and signs a declaration of support, and then we nominate a
leader to each group to argue the point and get these 2 individuals in a
room to negotiate on behalf of each group, with a requirement that
resolution must occur within 24 hours, or we blame them personally.

I have yet to see a BBQ fail in matters such as this.

</random>

Now all we have to do is get one of those nice big computer companies, we
work at,  to sponser it.
I'll book Alexandra Palace Park in London !

cheers, jim fuller