   Re: [xml-dev] The BBQ Proposition was Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 10:27:47AM -0700, Don Park wrote:
>Well, I was thinking more along the line of an open cookout with
>everyone bringing their own beef, fire, and magic sauce.  All we really

Umm, what does beef and barbecue have in common?  Outside of Texas, that is

(barbecue, as practiced through most of the south, is pork ribs, with a
sauce (of varying hotness and thickness) based on tomatos.  In Texas, as far
as I can tell, a rack of pigs' ribs isn't impressive enough, so they go for
cows ... roughly the same sauce.  In the coastal carolinas, the term
"barbecue" refers to shredded pork treated with a vinegar-based sauce
(sometimes called "white barbecue") and usually served as a sandwich.  Look,
folks can't even agree on what *barbecue* is, how will they ever agree on
other, less pressing issues?)

Amy!
(disclaimer: I can't eat the stuff any more, just grew up around it and used
to be a big fan)
--
Amelia A. Lewis       amyzing@talsever.com      alicorn@mindspring.com
There's someone in my head, but it's not me.