   Re: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, concrete (was Re: [xml-dev] Un-ask the question)

Tim Bray writes:
> And yes, it is obvious that an attribute can draw the bulk of its
> semantic import from the namespace it's in, rather than the context of
> the containing element.  Consider
>
> <anyOldElementAtAllIDontCareWhich xml:lang="fr">Bonjour!  ...

Yes, and you've completely missed my point yet again.  I'm not arguing
that prefixed attributes should be in the namespace of the element
containing them.  I'm arguing that _unprefixed_ attributes should be
treated as if they had the same namespace as the element containing
them.

> There's a technical term for Simon's argument in this case: "wrong".

There's a technical term for the Namespaces in XML Recommendation, but
I'm afraid it's unprintable.  I stand by my claim.

I'd like to propose that it's past time to fix these issues instead of
leaving them to fester.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!