   CSS XSL Tranformation

Hello,
I'm using MSXML2 and VB to tranform an XML document into an HTML document, and then serializing the new HTML file to disk.  All is working great, however I'd like to also include CSS reference in my newly transforemed HTML doc but am not sure how to go about accomplishing this.  Including a style sheet referencee in my XML doc does nothing and I'm not sure how to add the CSS reference during tranformation.  Would it become an XSL tranformation?  If so, how would you right this, a CSS link to an external CSS file.
Thanks!

Karl