   RE: [xml-dev] Don't Follow Us. We're Lost Too (Was: Byzantine schism)

Hello Mike,

Mike said:
I don't claim to have followed the "Byzantine schim" thread very
carefully,
but it would be hard for me to accept that the XHTML, etc. folks don't
have good reasons.  Reasonable people can disagree as to whether they
are compelling reasons, of course.

Didier replies:
The problem is that we still do not have a document stating what are
these _good_ reasons. It seems that the actual process doesn't require
the WG to explicitly state in a document why they would not use the
generic linking specification. If such reason where _explicitly_ stated
and published we would not been trapped in gossip land. So, in
conclusion, actually we can say that the probability that there are no
good reasons is 50% and that they are good reasons is 50%. In science as
in technology you can refute a thesis in two ways:
a) politics and intrigues
b) well founded arguments. Especially if these arguments are published
and made public for _public_ examination.

This is maybe the best way that knowledge can evolve.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin