   XML Use

Greetings,

I have information obtained from reports concerning our clients' mainframe operating systems that we incorporate manually into MS Word documents for system documentation purposes.  I'm wondering if XML is a possible answer to 'automagically' merge the information into the documentation and cut down on the amount of manual effort required to produce the finished product. The reports used are produced by REXX programs and can be modified fairly easily to wrap the information with the tags.  If yes, where is a good place to start as far as examples and education?

TIA.

Regards, Steve Zimmer