   Software Development 2003 West Call for Papers

CMP has posted the Call for Papers for Software Development 2003
West. This conference will take place March 24-28, 2003, in Santa
Clara, California (new location). Once again I'll be chairing the XML
track. XML-wise this conference tends to focus on more practical,
how-to sessions rather than a typical XML conference.

Thus, I'm looking for sessions that speak to programmers who are not
necessarily XML experts but need to learn how to use SAX, DOM,
namespaces, XSLT, schemas, etc. We're not as focused on bleeding edge
topics and research projects as the more XML-specific shows. We're
looking for ninety minute seminars, and half-day and full-day
tutorials. Submissions can be made online at:

http://www.cmpevents.com/SDw/a.asp?option=N&V=1

The deadline is Friday, September 13, 2002.

If you haven't presented at this show before, you're much more likely
to get picked for one or two ninety minute sessions than for a half
or full-day session. We like to get to know speakers with a smaller
session first.