   Dave Winer's RSS 2.0

Hi

What do people think about Dave Winer's plan [1] to issue RSS 2.0
[2] tomorrow?

Is it just a matter of fixing the details as Ben Hammersley implies
[3] (I could add internationalisation to that list...) or is there a
far bigger _fundamental_ problem with the 'benevolent dictator'
appoach to the production of web standards?

Does Morbus Iff have a point when he says:

  Ultimately, I think he's rushing forward merely so he can one-up
  the RSS 1.0 people, much like they seemingly did with their "higher
  version is better version" back in 2000. Since 2.0 is larger than
  1.0, he'll again be back in the dictator seat, much as he did back
  in the Netscape/RDF v0.90 days. It's a standard Winer power-trip."
  [4]

Chris

[1]
http://scriptingnews.userland.com/backissues/2002/09/09#attnSpecWonks