   RE: [xml-dev] Top 10 commercial XML vocabularies?

I've seen it done, but not for release.  In that case,
the syntax wasn't extended; the viewer itself added
the third dimension algorithmically and didn't reflect
that in the data.

I am wondering if and when SVG the language will
be extended.  It appears to be trivial to do for
simple cases.  For a more robust 3D, X3D is available.
I suppose it depends on the application when choosing
here.  SVG gets a lot of press, has some very good
authoring tools, etc., but remains 2D animation.
X3D has the scene graph design, and some nice ancillary
language/profiles such as H-Anim.  X3D was designed with
profiles in mind.

One question might be, what will the CAD vendors choose
as the basis for On the Web CAD data, or will they
roll their own and we get three XML graphics languages?

len