len

From: Robin Berjon [mailto:robin.berjon@expway.fr]

> I am wondering if and when SVG the language will
> be extended.

It has been extended. Yes, it's trivial to do for simple things, and
might get harder if we're talking about complex 3D shapes. Thus far I've
seen little demand for elaborate 3D in SVG, and given that there are
other existing efforts such as X3D I don't see a good reason for adding
those features to SVG. As it stands, it is imho almost feature complete.
The rest just needs a slightly better extensibility framework.

> SVG gets a lot of press, has some very good
> authoring tools, etc., but remains 2D animation.

"remains" sounds a touch condescending to me. It is 2D, that's what it
set out to be, and it does it very well. Given the complexity of moving
from 2D to sufficiently elaborate 3D, and that the better part of what
one does on a terminal is 2D, I think it hits the 80/20 mark far better
by sticking to 2D.