   [xml-dev] re: XML SIG 17 September: Elliotte Rusty Harold onWhat's Wrong

At 2:48 PM +0000 9/12/02, Martin Klang wrote:

>I believe the same approach could be used to create an object-oriented
>procedural language, which (as by chance..) is what i've been busying
>myself with lately. If you're interested, the work i've done so far on
>creating a spec and compiler/interpertor can be seen here ->>

Perhaps. I did notice your announcements on FreshMeat this morning,
but I didn't look at them too closely, because as you'll hear on the
17th, one of my design principles is that non-open source XML APIs
die, completely irrespective of whether or not the technology is any
good. What you have may be a significant leap forward in processing
XML, but as long as it's closed, it's irrelevant. If you want people
to pay attention to new ideas in the XML world, open is the only way
to go.