   Don't Let Architecture Astronauts Scare You

"Remember that the architecture people are solving problems that they think
they can solve, not problems which are useful to solve. Soap + WSDL may be
the Hot New Thing, but it doesn't really let you do anything you couldn't do
before using other technologies -- if you had a reason to. All that
Distributed Services Nirvana the architecture astronauts are blathering about
was promised to us in the past, if we used DCOM, or JavaBeans, or OSF DCE, or
CORBA."

Huzzah!

ABS

--
Oh, pilot of the storm who leaves no trace, Like thoughts inside a dream
Heed the path that led me to that place, Yellow desert screen