   Re: [xml-dev] [Fwd: The problems with Xlink for integration languages]

> Ann Navarro forwarded the following to xml-dev:
>
> > >FYI - as promised, the HTML Working Group has released a document that
> > >begins to address issues with an alternative to XLink.  That document is
> > >available at http://www.w3.org/TR/hlink/
>
> Initial impression:  This looks OK.  It finally reinvents
> architectural forms in a way that's usable in XML.

I'm surprised to hear you say this.  HLink looks more about annotating
attributes for presentation semantics than any form of remapping or
vocabulary-level adaptation.  Can this then fairly be called a reinvention of
architectural forms?

> (XLink started to do this, but the omission of any kind
> of attribute renaming facility and the lack of a reliable
> attribute value defaulting scheme made XLink inflexible
> and difficult to use, as Steve Pemberton's message convincingly
> described.  The 'hlink' declaration scheme solves both those
> problems.)

Ah.  I don't see any attribute renaming in HLink.

Apache 2.0 API - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-apache/
Basic XML and RDF techniques for knowledge management, Part 7 - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think12.html
Keeping pace with James Clark - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-jclark.html