Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: re: XML SIG 17 September: Elliotte Rusty Harold on What's Wrong with XML APIs (and How to Fix Them)
- From: Sean McGrath <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:46:49 +0100
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
[W. E. Perry]
>> Elliotte Rusty Harold has spent the last year exhaustively documenting
>> the existing APIs, and this convinced him that better APIs are
>> desperately needed.
>or maybe in many cases you could do away with the API's altogether?
Yes. There is, it seems to me, as potent a bifurcation between API-centric
XML and notation-centric XML as there is between data heads
and doc heads. There two are related, perhaps two sides of the same coin, I
really have a handle on it but this article
gives a flavour of the itch I'm trying to scratch.