   Re: [xml-dev] re: XML SIG 17 September: Elliotte Rusty Harold onWhat's

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> I do limit the syntactic structures that can be interpreted in different
> ways. For instance, it will not allow users to distinguish
> between CDATA sections and the same text encoded in other than a CDATA
> section. However, the structures it exposes are those defined in XML itself:
> elements, attributes, processing instructions, etc. I'm not sure if this will
> bother Walter or not. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. :-)

Thanks, Elliotte.

(1) I am in no position to make anything like an informed judgment before I see
the details of your proposal, which I eagerly await.

(2) The only preliminary judgment I have any evidence for is that you seem to
choose ("the structures it exposes are those defined in XML itself:") exactly
the right premises.

(3) My opinion has no normative nor prescriptive force, often not even for the
manner in which I use markup in my own work.

Last chance: anyone who would like to attend this presentation in person
tomorrow evening should contact me OFFLIST at mailto:wperry@xml-sig.org
immediately (i.e., within the next two hours) to reserve a place.