   slightly OT: 'Web services adoption too slow for Microsoft'

ZDNet quoting Jim Allchin, full article here:
<http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2122179,00.html>.

I thought this bit was interesting:

[[[
"From my perspective," Allchin said, "I would certainly like to see a
lot more (consumer-oriented Web services). There are some already out
there. There are more inside companies. This is happening inside
companies, no question. But in terms of customer-facing (sites), does
Amazon have a Web services interface? No."

]]]

Amazon nonetheless, believe they have a webservices API
<http://associates.amazon.com/exec/panama/associates/ntg/browse/-/106766
2/ref=gw_hp_ls_1_3/>.