   Re: [xml-dev] [Fwd: The problems with Xlink for integration langu ages]

At 1:13 PM -0700 9/17/02, Ann Navarro wrote:

>XHTML 2.0 is an XML application, and is not going to be based upon
>an assumed arcane knowledge of it's semantics, or a requirement for
>hard-wired DTDs. Let's stop that assumption quickly.

The why define XHTML 2.0 at all? Why not just use raw XML? If there's
no predefined meaning for semantics or behavior for particular
elements or attributes, then just what are we getting out of XHTML at
all that doesn't exist now in XML?

(Oh, and DTDs don't have to be hardwired. They just can be as a
performance optimization. You want i use a different one, go ahead,
but the browser may have to load it. )