   Re: [xml-dev] ( Slightly off topic ) JMS and other messaging

Maciejewski, Thomas wrote:

> Anyway. Does any one here use XML and messaging?

A lot.

> 2) It may slow something down but at the same time may help when trying to
> scale something since it facilitates throwing hardware at a bottleneck

In my experience if you use Expat as a parser it doesn't seem to matter.
All the overhead of network, message queueing, database interaction etc.
are a lot larger than a few ms for XML parsing.

> I would like to hear your thoughts on messaging ... also messaging vs. soap.

Currently I'm using them together: based on a WSDL description output
custom packers and unpackers that create/decode SOAP, and route it
through a messaging layer (MSMS or MQSeries).

--
Regards,

Berend. (-: