   RE: [xml-dev] ( Slightly off topic ) JMS and other messaging

> From: Maciejewski, Thomas
> 3) what if the messaging company goes out of business.
> 3) I think with some careful engineering one can create a
> very light layer that hides all of the messaging
> implementation.  If one would need to swap out the messaging
> API then it should be just a matter of changing one small
> layer of code.

Granted messaging vendors don’t interoperate all that well; though I
imagine that will change. But if this is a real problem (is it?), then
don't depend on a vendor. Use Jabber, OpenJMS, JBossMQ... or implement
ebXML messaging on top of any open source SOAP stack.

Bill de hÓra
--
Propylon
www.propylon.com