   Re: [xml-dev] [Fwd: The problems with Xlink for integration langu ages]

Hi Andrew,

> Hasn't the img element been dropped from XHTML 2.0, at least as far
> as one can judge from the initial WD?
>
> Also, there is no mention of a longdesc attribute on the object
> element as far as I can trace in the WD.

If you want an XHTML 2.0 example, substitute img with area, src with
href, and longdesc with usemap:

<area>
  <href xlink:href="url_for_destination"/>
  <usemap xlink:href="url_for_image_map"/>
</area>

<object> also has four attributes that contain URIs that give links to
different kinds of resources.

Cheers,

Jeni

---