Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Push / pull model
- From: Rich Salz <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 23:08:53 -0400
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.0rc1) Gecko/20020417
I generally prefer a pull model because it means I don't have to resort
to tricks to get and keep my state around.
I think the pull model falls apart when you want to do several things in
parallel as data comes streaming in -- e.g., build a DOM tree,
canonicalize the data for hashing (and XML DSIG). You then run into the
old GUI limitation of event loops: "there can be only one."