   Re: [xml-dev] Push / pull model

* Rich Salz

| I generally prefer a pull model because it means I don't have to
| resort to tricks to get and keep my state around.

I don't like the pull model because it ends up being very similar to
the event model, except that you must implement more of the
dispatching yourself. I don't like having to do that over and over
again.

The state must always be stored somewhere, and I don't see how
function/method-internal state is any better than class state.  State
is state, no matter where it goes.

Granted, the event model does require you to turn your head around
compared to ordinary programming, but that's easily done, and once
done event-based programming is very easy.