len

From: Mike Champion [mailto:mc@xegesis.org]

Well, yeah, but IMHO  XOM gets its simplicity largely by
avoiding the nasty bits of XML that the DOM flounders through
and gets itself dirty in the process.  I'm thinking specifically
of non-namespaced well-formed XML, "syntax sugar" such as CDATA
sections, all the stuff that DTDs inflict on the data model
such as entity declarations, entity references, default attribute
values, and probably other horrors that I've managed to blissfully
forget.

Now I for one would be very very happy to see all this stuff
deprecated, or moved to some "XML syntax sugar preprocessor"
spec, and then we could all build from a nice, clean,
XPath-compatible data model.
If XOM can somehow promote that agenda, I'm all for it!