   OT: Hundred Flowers (WAS: RE: [xml-dev] Underwhelmed (WAS: [xml-dev]XOM

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Mike Champion wrote:

> and refactor it.  Or better yet, since the notion of interoperable
> API standards is so unfashionable these days, let a hundred
> refactorizations of DOM/JDOM/dom4j/proprietary APIs bloom,
> create an ecology of competing codes, and let Father Darwin sort
> them out.

You mean send them to the re-education farms?  Just doing my part to nip
this meme in the bud.  Ben says it well:

http://rss.benhammersley.com/archives/001302.html

It's too bad, really.  Such a nice turn of phrase.  And so well spoken.

Mike Haarman
mhaarma@socsci.umn.edu