   RE: [xml-dev] Underwhelmed (WAS: [xml-dev] XOM micro tutorial)

  • To: "Elliotte Rusty Harold" <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Underwhelmed (WAS: [xml-dev] XOM micro tutorial)
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 09:40:57 -0700

We shipped this functionality in the .NET framework and I use it all the time. Search for the string "InnerXml" in the text at http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/9/14/19753/0994

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Elliotte Rusty Harold [mailto:elharo@metalab.unc.edu]
	Sent: Sat 9/21/2002 6:36 AM
	To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

	At 9:13 PM -0700 9/20/02, Dare Obasanjo wrote:

	>  - Can't insert XML strings directly into the tree

	What do you mean by this? Are you saying
	element.appendChild("<p>Hello</p>") should attach a p child to
	element?

	I can't say this appeals to me. You might be able to come up with a
	logically consistent model where this makes sense, but I don't see
	it. Most of the people who want to do this appear to be confusing
	text and markup. Still, it would be an interesting approach for
	somebody to experiment with.