   Re: [xml-dev] Underwhelmed (WAS: [xml-dev] XOM micro tutorial)

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 10:51:33AM -0400, Mike Champion wrote:

> That's an interesting assertion, but I don't follow the reasoning.
> You're saying that that DOM's pursuit of the chimera of XML+CSS as
> the universal light application platform helped kill Netscape?
>
> More people would assert that Netscape's failure to pursue XML
> aggressively gave Microsoft a powerful differentiator.

Potentially powerful, but I doubt that it made much real difference in
the marketplace. I know 3 or 4 dozen "average" web developers, and most
of them still don't really know what XML is; maybe 2 or 3 are actually
using it.

Nope. Netscape lost the battle because they didn't show up for it.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA