   Re: [xml-dev] Underwhelmed (WAS: [xml-dev] XOM micro tutorial)

A hybrid or compromise that I have used (mostly in javascript) is to write a
function that returns a well-formed element as a string - for example,

function element(name,content)

Thus

var fragment=element('div','This is a div')
// returns "<div>This is a div</div>"

You can use this recursively and always get well-formed text out -

var frag2=element('div', element('div','This is a nested div'))

And of course you can concatenate to get siblings or mixed content.

This approach knows nothing about DTDs but it is convenient, well-formed,
and a lot better than printf.

Cheers,

Tom P

[Arjun Ray]
[[

xmlns:rdf=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#\"; " +
|        "xmlns:rss=\"http://purl.org/rss/1.0/\"; rdf:about=\"" +
| diaryLink + "\" >\n" +
|        "<rss:title>" + diaryTitle + "</rss:title>\n<rss:link>" +
| diaryLink + "</rss:link>\n" +
|        "<rss:description>" + diaryDesc + "</rss:description>\n";
|
| This time it's the rss:item end-tag that's gone missing,

-sigh-

Did you really expect better?  Really, Elliotte, you have a big heart. :-)
]]