   RE: [xml-dev] Underwhelmed (WAS: [xml-dev] XOM micro tutorial)

At 10:51 AM -0600 9/23/02, Aaron Skonnard wrote:

>In my experience, it's these non-standard extensions that have made the
>DOM somewhat understandable and usable to the majority of Microsoft
>developers. For example, if you're on an element node and access the
>text property, it returns the child text node, imagine that!

I don't think that's what it does. If that's true, that's not what my
getValue() method does. What if there's more than one child text
node? What if the text is interrupted by tags? What if there are
child elements that contain text of their own? But I think the text
property does in fact do what my getValue() method does, but it may
well have a confused a few developers about what text nodes are and
where they are.