   Thanks joe (WAS: How do I include JavaScript inside an XML document?)

Hey joe:

Thanks for the quicc response.  This helps alot.

Appreciate it,

 Joe English <JENGLISH@FLIGHTLAB.COM>wrote:

tariq abdur-rahim wrote:

> Quicc question...Is it possible to include JavaScript "source code" in an XML
> file and have it displayed as parsed data as opposed to it trying to perform
> a function?

Heh.

Yes. In fact, that's the default behaviour: data in
an XML document doesn't _do_ anything on its own
until some process interprets it.

Also, you may find the construct helpful.
Inside a CDATA section, you don't have to escape &, <, or >,
so you can basically copy-and-paste whatever you want
as long as it doesn't contain the closing delimiter "]]>".

Quoting ,
section 3, question 2:

| Q. How do I include JavaScript inside an XML document?
|
| A. Easy! Just write:
|

| ... your JavaScript code goes here ...
| ... make sure it doesn't contain the sequence "]]>"...
| ]]>

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone ask that question
who was expecting that answer though...

--Joe English

jenglish@flightlab.com