   RE: [xml-dev] DOCTYPE declaration in the document prolog

Title: RE: [xml-dev] DOCTYPE declaration in the document prolog

Hi Karki,

Your guess is right.
The XML sample which u have is invalid.

This could be one of the valid xml docs.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE test
[
<!ELEMENT test (data)>
<!ELEMENT data (year, kcode, bcode)>
<!ELEMENT year (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT kcode (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT bcode (#PCDATA)>
]>
<test>
<data>
<year>2002</year>
<kcode>001</kcode>
<bcode>002</bcode>
</data>
</test>

You can go thru MSXML(from microsoft.com) to get more info.

Regards,
Vinod.