   ANN: Trivial Protocol for XML parsing; (pull,push & sockets)

Hi everyone,

first of all I'd like to thank for all of you the valuable
observations and comments. I am very passive member of this
list for a long time, but now I feel the need to be more active.

I'd like to announce a protocol that was originally developed for
our XML parser (TPX: Trivial Protocol for XML parsing).
The motivation at the beginning -as I remember- was to support
Java with a C application.

TPX briefly:
- It is a protocol that was conceived to use internally by
   XML parsers between the API and the parser implementation.
- It does not compete with any existing protocol or API, it
   adds an extra layer for XML parsing.
- It is text-based, following the philosophy of XML.
- It provides lower level access to parsers than SAX.
- It is possible to implement either push or pull API-s
   on top of the protocol.
- The protocol does not assume anything about the transport
   layer, except that it is reliable.

Some interesting (IMHO) consequences:
- Client-server XML parsing
   o  offers platform (OS/language) independence
   o  _may_ improve the performance
   o  very 'thin' clients can utilize full-blown XML parsers
- Pipes, raw data streams
   If TPX is implemented on top of stdio, simple tasks can
   be carried out using grep, sed, awk etc.

You can find an online demo and documentation of TPX:
http://www.innoxmlp.com

(Please note: the website is quite rudimentary, there are
  bugs, missing pages, etc. -I am not very proud of it- but
  we are improving the content continuously.)

Thanks

Miklos

miklos.taba@innovativeideasoy.com