   RE: [xml-dev] Underwhelmed (WAS: [xml-dev] XOM micro tutorial)

  • To: "Arjun Ray" <aray@nyct.net>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Underwhelmed (WAS: [xml-dev] XOM micro tutorial)
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:45:10 -0700

From your statements I assume you are not a software developer or at
least have little experience writing parsers or related APIs. Your
arguments basically boil down to you admitting not knowing how to
implement this feature and thus decreeing that it is an "undecidable"
problem. As if parsing an XML substring and inserting into a DOM node is
like solving the Halting Problem.

Considering that I implemented similar functionality for SiXDML while I
was in school and I'm not even a developer at Microsoft makes me
seriously doubt you have any idea what you are talking about.

As for validity (as opposed to well-formedness), that is a problem
because IDs could potentially inserted into the subtree and then the
equivalent of a reparse of the entire document or some sort of lookup
table is needed. I need to go ask one of our devs if we actually support
that scenario or not.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Self-made people have an abundance of working parts.

rights.