   RE: [xml-dev] Fwd: War of Attrition (was: [xml-dev] Underwhelmed (WAS:

I've actually seen the parts diagram example done
several times in my career, and most recently, with
an XML source using SVG.  So yeah, that one is
very practical.  All the ancient IETMHeads know
it not only from querying schematics, but keeping
up with relationships among parts in assemblies
for modeling (sure, it can become the defacto
model for simulation, but the density of information
is overwhelming for a technical manual model, so
prudence to the wild eyed...), fast refdes navigation,
and so on.  I wrote a lot on this topic during my
days serving Carderock and MICOM.   Some refer to
it as the "tail number problem:  the tail number
identifies the aircraft and everything beneath
that unique key varies even if it looks the same
on the surface (avionics for example)".   System
guys love this stuff, and system guys were the
true origins for CALS.  Hmm... so twenty years
later, a solution for the original CALS problems
emerges.

I like the direction.  Old dreams coming true.

len