   Re: [xml-dev] xsl:sort

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 11:32:34AM +0200, Zoltán Alexin wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>     I have recently discovered an interesting
> behavior of  <xsl:sort> statement. A had to sort
> a not so large (3MByte) XML document that
> has divisions of text. Divisions have a subjectcode
> attribute and I would have liked to sort them by
> the subjectcode. The program was the following:

[snip]

> For small files it works fine. In the case of larger files
> the output seems to be good, but when one looks it
> more closely, there are errors in the order of divisions
> in the middle of the file. The first 20%, and the last 20%
> was good, but not in between.
> When I tried different XSLT interpreters, they all worked
> so (XT.EXE, SAXON.EXE 6.2.1, MSXSL 3.0). Have
> some of you an idea?

  Hum, the first thing to say would be to tell which XSLT processor
you used. My guess is that it's xsltproc (that's the second time
I get an indication about such a possible problem), in that case:
   - the way to report bugs is indicated at
     http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/bugs.html
   - give me a way to fetch the input data too so I can debug this

 If it's not xsltproc, it's still a better idea to contact directly
the appropriate channel rather than posting on xml-dev,

Daniel