   RE: [xml-dev] Rethinking namespaces, attribute remapping (wasRe:[xml-dev

That's interesting...

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 16:10, Dare Obasanjo wrote:

> 2.) The HLink way

> Advantages: Modular, easy for Joe Blow to use without understanding how it works
> Disadvantages: Security issues, information necessary to process document no longer self contained
>

> In my personal opinion, HLink is a step backwards for general XML processing. However given the unique constraints of the XHTML working group I can see why they chose HLink as a solution and agree that something like it is needed for XHTML which is intended for use by non-technical people in a simple and straightforward manner without placing undue cognitive load.

Let's add

3.) The W3C XML Schema way

xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.example.org/whatever...

Would you say it's a step backwards (or maybe two) if it leads to using
a single namespace in the instance document and rely on datatypes
compared to using a "namespace soup" and rely on element names ?

Eric
--
Rendez-vous à Paris.
                          http://www.technoforum.fr/integ2002/index.html