   RE: [xml-dev] Rethinking namespaces, attribute remapping (was Re: [xml-d

Dare Obasanjo writes:
> Simple question: Does HLink fit into the rest of the XML architecture
> that is currently being built by the W3C? My personal opinion is that
> it doesn't and shouldn't

My personal opinion is that the rest of the XML architecture is in dire
need of a serious refactoring - the same kind of reduction that XML
itself did to SGML.  I think

> although I agree that the HTML working group
> needs something like this for their unique use case.

>From my perspective, HTML is hardly a unique use case.

> It's quite interesting to note that although HTML brought the W3C to
> prominence and XML even more so, the descendants of HTML do not fit in
> the current vision and body of work the W3C is going forward with.

I think that's merely a sign of how far off the rails the W3C has gone.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether