   Re: RE: [xml-dev] Rethinking namespaces,attribute remapping (was Re: [x

9/27/2002 2:20:10 PM, Mike Champion <mc@xegesis.org> wrote:

>This is, admittedly a REAL simple use case (they only look for
>a small number of tags in a very flat XML hierarchy) but seems
>to at least minimally prove the concept that well-formed XML
>is more than a "non-starter."   Getting those folks to agree
>on a common schema is EMPRICALLY a non-starter :-)

BTW, I REALLY REALLY hope that Len's customers in Public Safety agencies
get along better than the RSS folks <duck>.  I'm not disputing
that authoritative schema are best *if* they can be agreed upon
and enforced, just arguing that "tag soup" beats non-"self-describing"
alternatives such as CSV if they can't.