   Re: [xml-dev] Notations for datatypes

At 01:46 PM 9/30/2002 +0100, Jeni Tennison wrote:

>I think, from the adversarial way in which you put your questions,
>that you've jumped to some unwarranted conclusions about my
>motivations for exploring how DTDs could declare W3C XML Schema data
>types.

Hi Jenni,

I want to absorb what you said and think a bit before I respond to the
technical content, but I also want to respond to this. I had not intended
to come across as adversarial, and I apologize if my tone struck you that
way. I was basically tossing off the first set of questions that occurred
to me - I haven't spent enough time examining this design to have an
opinion one way or another, I just thought these were questions that would
be important in exploring it.

I also had no idea one way or another about your motivations, and had not
drawn any conclusions, but it's interesting to hear your fuller
description. Exploring design spaces is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Jonathan