   XLink/Schema

On Monday, September 30, 2002, at 09:05 AM, Eric van der Vlist wrote:

> When you first think about it, it seems quite easy to say that
> xhtml:img/@src has a type xlink:href and that xhtml:img has fixed
> attributes xlink:type and friends. There must be some hidden reason why
> this wouldn't work!

I've always assumed that you could model XLink in XML Schema.  Given
the massive scope of XLink, if it can't model a little language with a
total of less than a dozen elements and attributes all told,
something's really wrong.

Doesn't mean that I think it should be compulsory.

Anyhow, if you did this, you could default away almost all the XLink
machinery but you'd still have xlink:href= on your linking elements,
which I gather the HTML WG finds unacceptable. -Tim