   Re: [xml-dev] limits of the generic

On Monday, September 30, 2002, at 10:31 AM, Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> Maybe it is, or maybe the problem lies with the Web:
> http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/3.10/bray.if.html

>  (That seems to be an abbreviated version, unfortunately.)

Yes and no.  Certainly abbreviated from what I wrote, but that's what
they published in the mag.  Dunno about now, but Wired magazine's
publication process used to take many months, and turned relatively
lengthy and thoughtful pieces into punchy word-bites.  That was
actually written in 1994 believe it or not.

Don't know about you but I regularly change my opinions when confronted
with compelling evidence that they're wrong.  I recommend this practice.

By the way, in what way is this 7-year-old citation relevant to what
we're talking about here now, and why did you post it? -Tim