   Re: [xml-dev] limits of the generic

Jeff Greif wrote:

> I think you've hit the nub of this issue.  We expect '+' to be commutative,
> associative, and have additive inverses.

Except for people who also expect things like

	$greeting = "Hello" + "World";

to work :-)

But I like where you're going with this -- coming up with
a list of algebraic properties that the various operations
on dates, times, and durations should satisfy is a very
good way to proceed.

--Joe English

  jenglish@flightlab.com