   RE: [xml-dev] Just Can't Get No REST

True enough.  The point is more that references alone
are insufficient.  It is as Arjun and I have pointed
out, a heresay or gossip network.  It works because
most of the time, most people won't take the trouble
to add spurious gossip to a hypermedia system because
it is usually more trouble than it is worth.  On the
other hand, some people live to make trouble.  But
as Jean Paoli said about the web in general, "It
has to be easy."

Note that Google had to abandon the "No editor" stance
and fix the link to point to Hell.com first.
I love the question from google: "Who would type
that into a search box anyway and why"?

Well, humans.  The semantic web has a long evolution
in front of it to beat the troublemakers and for that
reason, frictionless business based on loosely coupled
REST principles (based on URIs and GETs) won't work readily.

It may be just as doable to lie to RPC, but it isn't
as easy.

len