   Re: [xml-dev] XPath/XSLT 2.0 concerns

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 02:54:15PM +0100, Jeni Tennison wrote:
> > lets be honest, Jeni, the silence from most users is mainly due to
> > the investment in time to review the bewildering array of documents
>
> Yes, and I think that's the same reason why W3C XML Schema got so far
> before people started to complain about its complexity -- people won't
> read the specs until they need to in order to use the technology, by

  Well, being an XPath/XSLT 1.0 implementor, I must say I didn't
even got the time to just read XPath/XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 drafts
so far. And Jeni is right about XML Schema, I started reading it seriously
after it reached REC. Maybe I am the one to blame, maybe it's just
that the volume of those specifications are slowly preventing single
individual from providing implementations (unless they are just paid
full time to track them, and even in that case they would be quite busy
I guess).
  I have no solution, I would prefer going slower, and simpler, but
this may not be acceptable for everybody.

Daniel